Rootstock of new generation, for a more technified fruit growing through more intensive plantations, reducing the cost of production with remarkable quality of fruit and early harvest. Extremely well adapted to most warm production conditions.
- Species: Hybrid of peach x almond-peach (Prunus persica x Prunus davidiana) x (Prunus dulcis x Prunus persica)
- Origin: Rootstocks Breeding Program of Agromillora Catalana
- Vigor: Medium to medium-high, approximately 20% less than GF-677.
- Compatibility: Very good with varieties of peach, nectarine, almond and some varieties of Japanese plum.
- Structure: Open to semi-open inducing to greater sun exposure.
- Productivity: Highly productive.
- Fruit size: Generates very good size and fruit quality as well as an excellent color.
- Adaptability: It adapts very well to all climatologies, but particularly to warm conditions (low chilling areas).
- Other characteristics: Red leaf rootstock. Rigid stem (early lignification) with little or zero branching. Sensitive to watering excess during first yeras.
Resistances and / or tolerances
- Asphyxia: Sensitive, although less than other peach rootstocks.
- Chlorosis: Tolerant
- Salinity: Sensitive
- Root-knot nematodes: Moderately resistant to resistant.
- Lesion nematodes: Susceptible
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens: Sensitive
- Armillaria mellea: In study
- Rossellinia necatrix: In study
Register in the Community Plant Variety Office
- Denomination: Purplepac
- Nº EXP. 2006/2253